Thursday, September 1, 2016

Zucchini Tots

Okay so my awesome sister-in-law tagged me in a video for zucchini tots on Buzzfeed's "Tasty" series. Me being the crazy lady that I am decided to read all the reviews about the recipe before making it. I tweaked it to my liking and the verdict...Camilla and I REALLY enjoyed them! BUT...Trevor, not so much. As soon as I took the first bite I KNEW he wouldn't like them. He's a super taster and weird about textures so I knew it wouldn't sit well with him that these weren't really "tots." You have to eat them with the mindset of not tot, but different way to eat a veggie. Anyway I'll shut up - here's the recipe (the way I tweaked it)!

Ingredients
4 medium zucchini 
3/4 cup breadcrumbs 
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg
1 tablespoon garlic powder 
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400F. 
2. Grate zucchini and then squeeze all moisture out. **original recipe called for salting zucchini generously and letting sit for 20 minutes to retain the moisture but I didn't want to add that much salt***
3. Add breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, egg, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well.
4. Use a tablespoon to measure out and form into tots. Place on a greased baking tray/pan/whatever!
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. 

Try them and let me know your thoughts! :) 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment